Thursday, March 8, 2012

Husbands

It's official....I need mine! He had to go out of town for work Monday-Wednesday and I never realized how much he does (don't tell him that though!).
Bath night for the boys has always been a team effort here. One of us washes then one of us dries them off and gets their PJ's on. It's a little different by myself! I can do it, don't get me wrong, it's just that I don't normally have to!
Travis is also in charge of all the garbage & recyclables...getting it all ready then taking it to the curb (something he just does...I don't make him!). Our garbage truck comes somewhat early (7:30am) and I had it out there with minutes to spare;) Travis refuses to put the garbage out the night before because if a dog gets into your garbage or the wind blows it all over you're responsible to pick it up (I don't think everyone follows that rule!).
As you've all read before Cash isn't the best sleeper. During the night I bet he wakes up 2-3 times which results in one of us going in there reaching our hands under the crib to find that damn pacifier then putting it in his mouth. As soon as he has the paci he's good! Well, during the night we usually take turns but when Travis isn't here it's up to me, and me only! I'm a little more tired then usual but I had things under control!
Travis is also the chef of the house! I normally don't cook because he does it all. Don't judge me but Monday night the boys had popcorn chicken from Casey's!! They loved it! I had a 100 calorie mini pack of popcorn! Fine by me! We had frozen pizza on Tuesday and McDonald's Wednesday! I had volleyball so the boys went to my brother & sister-in-laws! It's the least I could do;)
I love my boys to death and would do anything for them but sometimes daddy-only time is just what we all need! I get a little break and so do the boys! I'm really missing that this week!!! Once again..love them to death...I'm just being honest!
The most important thing Travis does that I missed the most was making us feel safe!! I'm the biggest scardy cat and can freak myself out hearing the furnace kick in! I just feel safe with him here! I know the boys and I are fine but we just feel complete when he's home!
So welcome home Travis and maybe I'll be a little easier on you now;)

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how much smoother things run when daddy's are home! Chad is gone Monday-Thursday every week and it can be tough! I am always looking forward to those "daddy" days! Bring on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete