Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Williamsburg Fire Department's 120th Reunion

Saturday night we attended the 120th reunion for the Williamsburg Fire Department!
 
It was a wonderful night full of great food, cold drinks, memorable stories, an awesome slide show and great, great company!
 
This is most of the past and present members!
 As you can see we had a great turn out!
All these members and their spouses came!!
{Everyone wearing red is a current member!}
 
Here's the past and present Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs!
Not sure if I've made it blog-official yet but Travis is the current Assistant Chief!
 
  Great times with great friends!!
 
Okay....now here comes my "support your local firemen" speech!!
 
These men and women truly put their lives on the line to fight fires!
I know I mention this all the time but they are all volunteer fire fighters!
 
My dad was on the fire department for 17 years!
I grew up with that so it's only normal for me to have a husband doing it!
 
Here's a small example of some of the things these guys/gals put themselves through....
 
....Friday Travis and I were both off for Pierce's preschool VIP day at school and program.
Travis was able to come to the classroom with us and he was in his seat waiting for the program to start.
The fire page went off and he took off for the fire!
I am okay with this....my 5 year old son...whose eyes followed his dad all the way out of the room and straight back to me to ask where he was going...doesn't quite understand why his dad had to leave:(
Pierce is so proud his daddy is a fire fighter so I explained what happened and he never questioned it the rest of the day!
I know Travis felt bad about missing his program but it's something he has to do!
We videotaped Pierce's parts and he watched them later that day!
 
I'm very proud of my husband and all firemen on the department!
I love being a member of this family and take great pride in helping with what I can!
 
That being said...... Please consider taking the time on April 11th and attending the annual fish fry...
I hear so many people say "Oh...I don't like fish!" but there are other ways of supporting this group!
They support you and your loved ones!!
 
Just think about it:)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment