Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Friday we celebrated a birthday here in the daycare...Ella turned 3:)
Her mom loaded the kids up on cupcakes and juice boxes!
The kids loved it and were jacked up on sugar!

The last few weeks we've started a Saturday ritual with cinnamon rolls!
The boys could not wait for them to get done!
I have to admit...they were pretty fantastic:)

I'm trying new things with my hair.  I just want a little curl so I bought a new curling iron.  Not sure this was the exact look I was going for...but there was no changing it once I was done!
I'm really thinking about cutting my hair like this again!  I really love short hair...it's easy to take care of and you are forced to actually "do" your hair everyday!  I'm still debating....

Saturday night we had GNO at Gus' in Coralville.  The Hawks looked terrible but that didn't ruin our night!  It was a great time and we need to do it more often!

We had lots of family time this weekend....celebrating Taylor's 7th birthday and then my in-laws 35 years of marriage!
Here are Makenna and Pierce in their Hawkeye gear:)



Saturday I celebrated 4 years of my daycare opening!
Seems like yesterday when Pierce was 9 weeks old and I was starting this new journey!
I've been completely blessed to be home everyday with my kids and providing care to others!

Happy Monday to all of you!

**UPDATE**
I've had a few people ask me how I make my cinnamon rolles (I also posted this on Facebook).  I have no secrets and I'll be the first to tell you I buy Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls.  You let them rise overnight and bake them for 15 minutes the next morning!  Super easy!

3 comments:

  1. Love the hair! Have u tried using a straightner to curl ur hair? It gives it an awesome loose curl!! And I've been wanting to make cinnamon rolls since u posted the pic on FB....need to get on that!! They look soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've tried using a straightner and I could do it when my hair was short but for some reason I can't do it long! The curling iron I bought is a "wave-maker" and the barrel gets bigger and smaller throughout. I have A LOT of hair and it's hard to do!!
    I buy the frozen Rhodes cinnamon rolls and let them rise overnight! They only take 15 minutes the next morning! They are delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try one of those irons! And I so thought those rolls looked homemade...definately trying those too!

    ReplyDelete