Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekand Recap...

We had a nice relaxing weekend!

The last half hour of daycare on Friday I let the kids play Hungry Hungry Hippos!
They love it, of course, but it is the loudest game and not always one of my favorites!!
I only let them play because it was Friday...AND I had a parent bring me a 6 pack of my favorite beverages! 
I knew I had something waiting for me at 5o'clock;)

Travis helped his dad Saturday morning and the boys were driving me bonkers (I was trying to go through closets) so I let them finger paint!
They loved it...but thank God it only lasted about 15 minutes! 
Along with HHH, this is not my favorite thing to let them do;)

We had a birthday supper at my parents Saturday night.
Cash loves his Aunt Mimi (Amy) and she can't say no to him asking her to read one more book...sucker;)

The kids helped Grandpa open his presents!

My sister started telling ghost stories and the boys could not get enough!
They asked Grandpa over and over to tell ghost stories! We had to tell Grandpa to tone it down a bit and make it kid friendly!
In this picture we set up for the shot and in the middle of it I screamed really loud...this is what we got;)

My mom is famous for getting the kids matching shirts for every holiday!  My sister and I realized she didn't do it last year for Halloween but this year they got two....my mom found them from last year in her closet;)  We all had a good laugh with that!
I love, love, love this picture of Pierce & Kahne!

More ghost stories.....again, Dad...they are 4 years old!!  No more stories about the guy who lost his arm by a chain saw!

And then we got Boo'd!
Travis got called out to a fire at 5:50am Sunday morning.  He left in a mad dash and left our bedroom door open.  Around 6am I heard three knocks on our front door!
I was freaked out!  I was scared someone was in our house and I was sure as heck not getting out of bed to check the door!
Well...later that morning I opened the front door and saw all this!
We still don't know who did it but they sure were trying to be sneaky at 6am on a Sunday!!
We will be paying it forward:)

Sunday afternoon I went to USCellular in Iowa City and got myself a new phone!  I got the Samsung Aviator and I'm a little overwhelmed!  I'm not much for new phones and learning everything..that's why I had pictures on my old phone from when I was pregnant...with Pierce!  OOPS;)  I guess you can say it was about time I got a new phone!  I've spent the last few nights trying to learn everything!  I'm excited to FINALLY have internet on my phone!

Our home internet went out Friday night.  I called Windstream Saturday morning and they said they would have someone look at it.  Obviously that didn't happen because come Monday morning we still didn't have it!
I called again and got things figured out!  I talked to the guy at 9am and they had a technician here by 10am changing our modem! 
I'm a bit of a freak with our internet so I made sure he knew it was an emergency...my job depended on it;)  He doesn't have to know I don't need the internet...I just want it;)
So...that's why my weekend recap is so late;)

Happy Tuesday all!


No comments:

Post a Comment