Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Life As We Know It...

When we built our home in 2007 the biggest regret I have is only putting 2 bedrooms on the  main level!  UGH...why did we do that?!
 
The boys have always shared a bedroom!
Since the baby is coming (soon!) we made the decision to add a 4th bedroom in the basement (3rd bedroom is in the basement also and currently my spray tan room!).
 
Both boys will be moving to the basement!
 
It's going to be a rough transition so I wanted this room done a while ago!
My husband doesn't always see things the way I do (or my urgency) but thank God my dad does!
He's just like me and once something is mentioned and in the works it's only a matter of time before it's done!
 
Last week was a long week cleaning out the basement and selling a lot of toys to make room!
So many toys, in fact, I created some rumors!
 
Everyone thought I was closing my daycare!
I had to text all my daycare families and assure them this was not the case and I made a PSA on Facebook to hush any false statements!
{I received many texts, private messages and phone calls wondering if I was closing daycare!}
 
Anyway, things finally got cleaned out enough and the prep work started!
 
Two days later and the room is framed and ready for the electrician then drywall!


We made a few trips to the dump and the boys were amazed!
Once we started going through the basement my nesting settled in and I went through the house and even the garage!!  Feels good to de-clutter!

While all the banging was going on I decided to peel Pierce (and his questions) away from my dad and Travis and we headed to North Liberty to my sisters.
 
She kept my boys while I did a big Walmart trip then we met at Culver's for lunch!
After that we went to the NL junior high for a kite festival and Pierce was beyond excited to see they had a fire truck there!

I love this picture!

Although Pierce can put on fire gear whenever he wants (perks of having your dad be an Ass Asst. Chief) he still wanted to do it in NL.
Weirdly enough the helmet says '29' and Travis is #29 here in Williamsburg!  Pierce knew what he was doing!
I'm pretty sure you won't find a more genuine smile coming from Pierce!!

They both had fun flying kites and we had to do it again at home the next day!
 
******************************
 
I am now 30 weeks pregnant (YAY!!)
 
I finished up my 3 week prom spray tans doing a total of 60 tans!
I'm so happy most girls are staying out of tanning beds and getting a spray tan!
Like I told them....
...a spray tan is your best accessory to your prom dress!
 
******************************
 
I cringe every time I go into the boys bathroom.
There's ALWAYS pee in the toilet, on the seat and most days on the floor, there's toothpaste in the sink and their underwear is always on the floor!
 
I had enough and made them clean it!
Pierce prefers to do this alone so Cash got off the hook!
Call me a mean mom but they are fully capable of cleaning the bathroom!
And after all, they are the ones making the mess!!!
{I will admit it's not done up to my standards but I finished it when they were both in school!}
 


2 comments:

  1. I give Jake a Clorox wipe and he gets to wipe down his sink and toilet too!! It's amazing how much less pee gets everywhere now ��

    I can't wait to see the finished bedroom!! I bet rumors were flying like crazy, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Pierce uses too...Clorox wipes! It does not hurt them whatsoever to clean their own pee up!!!

      Delete