Monday, February 4, 2013

Diagnosis: Influenza-ish

They tested me for influenza Friday (worst...test...ever...) and it actually came back negative but they said with my symptoms (all were flu like) and the fact I'm around kids all the time they are going to treat it like influenza.
I'll be the first to admit I do not get a flu shot (unless I'm pregnant and they MAKE me)...
...BUT they said they are having people in the office daily who have been vaccinated and they are still coming down with the flu.

I was really wheezing Friday so they gave me a breathing treatment.
I've given my kids many breathing treatments but have never had one myself!
I did feel relief after the treatment!
I was still wheezy so they sent me home with an inhaler (still trying to figure out how to use the damn thing!).
I have this awful cough...the kind where you can't breath deep enough to get all the crud out!
They said to pick up some Mucinex and I'm not sure why I didn't do that Tuesday when this all started!
This was my weekend.....
 After 4 days on medicine I'm feeling pretty good.  No more fevers!!

I'm nervous about Cash because he's not able to get a flu vaccine because of his egg allergy. 
It's really hard to stay away from him so hopefully he doesn't get my germs.
{Everyone else around me hasn't been so lucky!}

Had a pretty low-key weekend and took lots of naps (when Pierce allowed me to!).

The highlight of the weekend was Pierce and Travis going to the Iowa Wrestling meet Friday night.
Pierce has never been to a big meet like that.

I texted Travis and told him to take pictures of Pierce...do you think he listened?!
No...not one picture!

The good news was the meet was on TV the next morning and Pierce was excited to try and find himself....
So this is the only picture we got of Pierce "at" the wrestling meet;)
Still praying he'll fall in love with basketball:)

Hope you all had a good weekend and welcomed the new week with open arms!
Here's to a new, healthy week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment