Thursday, July 26, 2012

Catch Up

First of all...holy hotness!  This heat is ridiculous!  Luckily it's going to be in the 80s for the next couple days!!  I was supposed to golf last night but my partner and I decided against it and ate at Texas Road House instead!  It was delicious:)

The kids and I made a cake yesterday!  I have been craving my mom's homemade chocolate cake but I've been nervous to try it (my mom is a great cook and when I attempt to follow her recipes it never tastes as good!).  But to my surprise it turned out great and the kids had fun!
The only problem...that damn cake has been screaming my name!!!!
Side note: one year for Christmas my mom hand wrote all her recipes for my sister and me!  It took her a long time but I'm so happy we will forever have all her recipes (in her writing!).  She also did it a few years later for my sister-in-law!  Such a great family heirloom to have.

We got the boys' room darkening shades in the mail already and I put them up right away!  It was a success...Cash slept til 7:30am!!  That may not be sleeping in to some but it sure is better then 6am!  Pierce...not so much.  He got scared of the wind and storms and was on our floor by 11pm!  I guess we'll see how tomorrow morning goes with him!

Happy Thursday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment