Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th, 2012

Oh the 4th of July....not my favorite holiday but still a fun one!
It's not my favorite day because Travis is with the firemen helping a majority of the day...which means I'm in charge of the boys all day (let me remind you....to the boys I'm chopped liver..dad is SO much cooler!).  I think I heard 3 times "you're not my friend no more!" from Pierce! Awesome!
Anyway...we made the most of the hottest day EVER!  I'm not sure I have ever sweat so much...seriously!

Kahne and Pierce sat and waited for the parade!  My sister had strep throat and wasn't able to attend all the festivities so we made sure her kids got lots of candy and then sent them home;)
 Cash spent most of his day in the cooler eating ice...smart kid!
 This was the best picture I could get of my super excited kids;)  Did I mention it was HOT?!
 Getting ready for the parade!  Wait for it....wait for it!
 Along with eating ice all day he also snuck in a few pieces of candy!
 Freeze pops = genius idea!
 Went back to my parents for some water time!  Slip'n'slide looked so much fun!  It made me realize what my next invention should be (not like I already have an invention!)....an adult size slip'n'slide!  Not sure if they already make them but it would be so much fun!!
 Pierce was the only kid interested in sparklers!  I was scared to death of sparklers as a kid (actually they still freak me out!)...so I'm shocked Pierce liked them!  Not that he has to take after me but he tends to be a scardy-cat with a lot of things!
 Pierce was so excited during the fireworks!  He kept yelling "AWESOME" after all them!
He thinks he's so cool because his daddy sets the fireworks off!
 Cash got settled in and enjoyed the fireworks too!
We are both a hot mess!
 I had to add this picture because I think it's absolutely ridiculous when people post pictures of fireworks!  I guess I wanted to be a part of that ridiculousness;)  OOOOH-AHHHH
I was home and in bed before Travis got home!  I talked to him on the phone after the production and I was telling him I don't think I've ever been so hot in my life!  He did not feel sorry for me because the firemen have to be in full gear (coat, pants, boots and helmet) during the firework display!  I felt kind of stupid complaining about myself;)  Like they say...it could always be worse!

And please disregard the date on my camera!  I got a new camera and still can't figure it out!  Someone put the date on the pictures for me and now I can't figure out how to get it off...or at lease make the date correct!  So...this did not happen on July 5th, it really was the 4th of July!
{I messed with my camera today and I'm hoping I fixed the problem!}

I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July and spent time with friends and family!

1 comment: