Monday, July 9, 2012

A Weekend At Home...

...Well, kind of a weekend at home!  As you all know I'm not a fan of being home on the weekends because I'm home all week! 
Friday night I had a spray tanning party in Keswick.  I was there until 8pm then met a friend for some adult beverages!  It was a great night away.  I had been alone with my kids since Monday night (Travis was busy all week with firemen stuff!).  I told him I needed a mental health day so I took it Friday night!  It.was.awesome!
Saturday Travis started a project in our backyard.  Wasn't too big but took up his whole morning.  I ran around going to the store, mall and dropping Pierce off at his friends birthday party.
I offered to watch my sisters kids Saturday night!  Kellie and I like to do things together (totally not planned!) and our first two kids are 3 weeks apart and our youngest are 5 weeks apart (we were married 12 weeks apart...my parents were in the poor house that summer!).
Anyway...I have kids here all week so an extra two was nothing...or so I thought!  The kids were all really good but I had anxiety about sleeping!  I wasn't sure how the night would go!  It all went well and it turns out I had nothing to worry about!  Travis and I actually took all 4 kids to the pool.  They had a great time and it wore them out!  I didn't get any pictures of that because I was worried about Cash jumping in head first...which he did a couple comes!  That kid has no fear!
We put Kahne and Pierce in the basement to sleep.  They watched Toy Story 3 and conked out!
 They thought they were pretty cool:)
 Travis got up with the older kids Sunday morning.  The little ones and I slept til 8:30:)  Travis got breakfast started and had chocolate chip pancakes, sausage patties, bacon and scrambled eggs!  It was delicious!
My sister and her husband came and got the kids and I took off to get a mani and pedi and do a big Walmart trip before our family vacation this week (details to come!).
I haven't had "fake" nails forever and decided I want to try them again! 
 I went to Premiere Nails right by Buffalo Wild Wings in Coralville.  I got right in and they did an awesome job!  You even get complimentary drinks:)
Love, love, love my pedicure!
I came home and unloaded all the groceries...okay so my anal husband unloaded and put them away!  FINE BY ME!  Then we went to my uncle John Lower's retirement party in Conroy.  Good to see family we haven't seen in a while!
It was a great weekend and I have never been so excited to start a Monday because we leave for mini-vaca on Wednesday!  Going to Minnesota to stay with family Wed-Fri in Wabasha.  Going to go boating and have lots of outdoor fun!  Friday we are leaving for Minneapolis and going to Mall of America to the Nickelodeon Universe.  My cousin gets married Saturday so we are going to have a great time in the hotel with our huge family!  We are all so excited:)  Let the vaca lists begin;)

No comments:

Post a Comment