Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

There are a few meals I could eat every day for the rest of my life...my mom's chicken enchiladas are one of them! Every year we get a "birthday" meal and for the last 15 years or so mine has been chicken enchiladas!

Unfortunately my husband does NOT like them so I rarely get to make them! It makes a big batch and it's way too much for me to eat alone! I haven't had them for a while and I got a craving so I decided to make them for supper!

It took me a few years to attempt them myself because I thought it would be hard to make. Turns out they are the easiest things to prepare and bake!

The boys and I loved them! I also took a container out to my parents for them to enjoy also!






Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas:

-10oz sour cream
-1 can cream mushroom
-1 can cream chicken
-2 10oz cans chunk chicken
-1 small can chopped green chiles (optional...yes please!)
-Onions (optional...not here!)
*Mix and put small amount on bottom of 9x13 greased pan
-Combine: 16oz shredded cheddar, 16oz shredded mozzarella & small can sliced black olives (optional).
-10 flour tortilla (I could only squeeze 7 in)

* fill 2Tbsp cream mix and 2Tbsp cheese mix in tortilla. Roll and put in pan. Cover with remaining cream mix and cheese mix.
*Bake @ 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes!















1 comment: