Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Moms BIG Day!

It's finally here and finally out in the open!!!
My mom is FINALLY retiring.....TODAY!!

She has worked for the FSA (Farm Service Agency) in Iowa county for 28 years!
She was set to retire in 2 years but this early retirement came up now and she met every requirement to do it!
I don't think she even thought twice:)

We couldn't be more proud and happy for her!!

She has a lot of sad farmers...some of which have been sending her flowers and chocolates this week and some have called to wish her all the best through tears!

She does a lot at work and I think some of her coworkers will realize this when she's gone!

We are having a party for her tomorrow night at their house!
She doesn't have any set plans for future employment...
...but considering she's only 54 years young I can see her doing something!
She's a bit obsessed with Kohl's (sorry mom!) so I personally think she should get a job there!
Until she makes a decision about working again I see her spending a lot of her time with grandkids and helping out when and where she can!
Especially with the new little baby arriving around New Years!

On top of this already being a big day.....
 ....It's also my parents 36th wedding anniversary TODAY!
Happy Anniversary to the two people I look up to the most!!

Such a big day and we couldn't be more excited!!
CONGRATS mom...and cheers to the frick'n weekend...every day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment