Friday, April 5, 2013

Kitchen Fun

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen (serving breakfast, AM snack, lunch, PM snack and supper!).
And our home is an open concept floor plan so my kitchen is visible for all eyes to see!

I go through a lot of rugs because they get ruined rather fast!
I had some rugs I really liked but they started fraying at the ends (I wash them too much!).

I ran to our local Dollar General and grabbed some for the time being.
I finally got around to ordering new rugs and I found my favorite rugs EVER at Kohl's!

Here's the BEFORE picture (DG rugs):
 I finally ordered some rugs I'm super pumped about!!
Here's the AFTER picture (from Kohl's):
Leopard is a bold move but I love animal print and I figure what the heck!
It's not for everyone but I LOVE them:) 
 We didn't have anything here so I got a runner.
So happy with it:)
30% off didn't hurt either;)

****************************************

There are a few items I cannot live without in the kitchen!

#1: Aluminum foil! Yes, you read that right!  I cook the same things every week for daycare (we have lots of food allergies so I have to keep things the same).  I make chicken nuggets, french fries and tator tots once a week so I use a lot of pans.  I hate washing pans so I put foil down on the pan then add the food on top!  When the food is gone I crumple up the foil, throw it away and put the pan back in the drawer:)  Easy as that!
#2: Bath & Body foam hand soap!  I have never counted but I would hate to see how many times a day I wash my hands!  I figure if I'm going to wash them that much I might as well get a soap I enjoy!  Bath & Body it is!  I like all scents and change it up all the time!  We actually have them in every bathroom throughout the house!
#3: Milk!  We can't live without it...enough said!  I'm also going to throw Diet Pepsi and water in here!
#4: My pantry!  It holds all of our food!  My kitchen cupboards are dedicated to dishes, pans and small appliances.  Luckily our pantry is a good size to hold everything!!
#5: Styrofoam plates!  The daycare kids eat lunch on a paper plate every single day!  It's not the best thing for the environment but it works for us. Sorry Earth!
#6: Ketsup!  I only say this because we've been out all week and it's been awful!  The kids love ketsup:)
#7: Dishwasher!  There's no way I could live without it!

What are some things you cannot live without in your kitchen?!

****************************************

It's been a busy week!
I worked 55 hours this week and the best part about that is it was all from home!

I'm excited for tonight because we are bowling with a big group and the boys are staying at G'ma & G'pa Spratt's!
Knowing they were going to be staying there tonight made their early rise this morning (4am and then again at 6am) a little easier;) 
Good luck G'ma & G'pa!!

****************************************

Found this on Facebook and HAD to share:
It's totally true for me...bahahahaha!!!

TGIF all!

No comments:

Post a Comment