Monday, April 8, 2013

Bowling & Shopping

All day Friday I was in the best mood because I knew I was going to have a blast Friday night AND my kids were staying overnight at G'ma & G'pa Spratt's:)

I was right...I had a blast Friday night!
There were close to 35 people bowling here in town!

We donated all proceeds to Alzheimer's Association!

The boys had a blast at my parents house and were up bright and early Saturday morning (6:10).
I can say with a smile on my face I slept til 9am:)
I can also say I was sore from bowling (how sad is that?!).

****************************************
Although I had a great time Friday night bowling I'd have to say my favorite part of the weekend was Saturday!
Amy (SIL), Haley and I decided Friday night we should go to Des Moines Saturday.
We left around 10:30 and were gone all day!

We stopped at Cheese Cake Factory for lunch and cheesecake to go!
We stopped at Kirklands (home decor shop) and I found a few things:)
Our whole purpose was to go to Homemakers so Amy could get some supplies for her new house!
I found my dream table there....in our budget!
Unfortunately it didn't come home with me this time but hopefully sometime soon!!
We stopped at a Mexican restaurant on our way home in Grinnell and had margaritas and chips and salsa!
It was a fun day out of the house with many laughs and good times!!!
Best.Cheesecake.Ever!!!
It was snickers, caramel and peanut butter cup!!!

We got home just in time to eat grilled food made by Travis!
Man oh man, have I missed brats with kraut!!!
Bud Light was good too:)

****************************************
 Sunday morning we got up and moving early.
We headed to Theisens for new fleeces, Lowes for knobs to finally finish off my hutch, Chilis for lunch and Walmart for the dreaded weekly shopping trip!

 Cash being goofy at Chilis!
I heard about these a while ago from Casey!
I could not stop thinking about them but couldn't find them anywhere!
Finally I found them yesterday.  Don't do it people...they are amazing!!!!

****************************************

Travis spent Sunday afternoon tending to fires and the boys and I went to my parents.
The boys love helping grandpa clean up!
They got this airplane for Christmas and it's finally warm enough to get it out!
They had so much fun on it!
We call Cash the animal-whisperer:)
This cat was wild and wouldn't even come to humans!
It's safe to say she's warming up:)

My parents grilled steaks and burgers for supper and we had a nice relaxing evening!

****************************************

The weather is warming up so I went with a gold metallic on my toes this weekend!
They are Jamberry Nails!
 

****************************************

Happy Monday to all of you! 
Go out and make it a good day!

2 comments:

  1. (1) bowling WAS awesome... it was nice to wind down... (2) jealous of the mini girls trip AND mexican in Grinnell (assuming it was the mexican place off the interstate... love that place) (3) I always eat my hotdogs with sauerkraut (4) I need to try the Jamberry nails... where did you get them?

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my Jamberry nails from Kimberlie Jones here in town. I'm her friend on Facebook but also have her digits! If you want her # I can email it to you!

    ReplyDelete