Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Migraines

THEY SUCK!

I've been suffering since Sunday with one.

I haven't had one for 2 years now and when I would get them it would come in the morning and I'd be perfectly fine by afternoon.
{Just give me a Mt. Dew and my prescription migraine pill and I was good to go!}

I have no idea why I all of a sudden got one 2 years later and it's going on day 3!

Migraines are all different but when I get them my vision is distorted...
 {if I look at someones face straight on I know what I'm looking at but I can't see their face at all!}
Then I get the whole head headache and really nauseous:(

Sunday night started with my vision....then the whole head headache....then nauseous....then I went to bed!
Monday started with the headache and being nauseous and around 1pm (luckily when most of the kids were napping) I got the vision crap again!
I pushed through a couple spray tans, preschool open house (x2) took the boys to the park AND to eat at McDonald's (going in is a big deal!).

I woke up with another headache today but I'm praying and hoping I don't get the vision problems!

******************************************

Okay....there is a point to this story!

My mom suffered for years with migraines (unfortunately she handed that down to my sister and me).

I did a semester in New York in college and I remember she had a terrible migraine that morning I was supposed to fly out.
She was puking all the way to the airport but was still there to see me off!

There are too many stories I could go on and on....

My mom's mom remarried when my mom was a teenager to the kindest, sweetest man...my grandpa Kenny.

Kenny saw my mom suffer for years with migraines and hated it because there was nothing anyone could do.

Fast forward 20+ years later.....

He was diagnosed with cancer and was dying.
On his death bed he grabbed my moms hand and said when he dies he is going to take my mom's migraines with him.
9.5 years later and she hasn't had a migraine!

Pretty crazy story and I believe he really did take her migraines with him!

I just wish I was in that room and he would have taken away all our migraines:)

****************************************

Reading social media this morning I see I'm not the only one suffering with terrible headaches this week.
Must be something in the atmosphere....

Like I said yesterday...life goes on...and so does work!
Full day of kids, spray tan party tonight and Travis has football practice!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment