Monday, August 26, 2013

Busiest.Weekend.Ever

It really was a great weekend....but it was also a long one!

Travis left Friday at 12:30 on a guys fishing trip to Wisconsin.
He didn't return until Sunday at 10pm.
The boys made sure to ask about him every 15minutes ALL weekend!

I'm happy Travis had a great guys weekend but now that he's home I'm even happier:)

So while dad played I busted butt back on the home front!
Some of our highlights included:
2 sleepovers:  
Friday night the boys and I stayed at my sisters in North Liberty.
Saturday night my friend Lea stayed overnight with her 3 kids (both our husbands were gone).
Pierce was so excited when he woke up the next morning and his friends were still here!

Back to school haircuts:
Cash HATES having his hair cut!  He screams, cries and arches his back to a point it's impossible to hold him!  I dread hair appointments for this reason! 
NOT FUN!!

Wal-Mart:
I made three...YES THREE trips to Wal-Mart in 3 days...WITH THE BOYS!
Either I have the patience of a queen or I'm completely stupid!
{Also went to Kohl's}

GNO:
A group of us girls went to We're The Miller's and it was hilarious!
Highly recommend!
We stopped for drinks on the way home then rushed here to let our 2 sitters go home who were here with 6  kids!

Church:
The boys and I made it to church and luckily my parents were there so we sat with them!

Birthday Parties:
My sister had her kids' birthday parties together at Iowa Gym Nest Sunday afternoon.
The boys had a great time!  What a neat place to have a birthday party!
We went to my sisters for supper and presents after.
It took Pierce a good hour to jump off the "high board" into the pit.
Once he did he couldn't be stopped!

I felt like super-mom running around doing all these things this weekend...
...until bedtime on Sunday night.
Pierce didn't get his way and laid in bed crying for Daddy because Mommy is mean!
No Pierce....Mommy isn't mean....Mommy's just DONE!
The good news is Preschool starts today and he'll be busy all day now!

More good news....the boys and I survived the weekend!
I'm dog tired today (and look like a$$) but we survived:)

Happy Monday to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment