Monday, May 12, 2014

Dates, Cousins & Momma's

I was beginning to realize Travis and I haven't been on a date alone since we went Christmas shopping in December!
As you can see from my blog we enjoy going out but it's never just the two of us!
I lined up a babysitter Friday night and we headed out....
....but not until we had a few of these exchanged..."What do you want to do?" "I don't care...what do you want to do?!"  There was even one of these thrown out..."What do 30 something year olds do on date night?!"
 
We headed to Coralville mall and did some shopping, ate at La Cava (delicious!) then hit up Gordmans and looked around!
We stopped and visited some family on the way home.
And of course we stopped off for drinks here and there;)
We both decided we needed to do this once a month!
Consider it done:)
 
****************************************
 
Saturday morning my sister and I had our 4th (or maybe 5th...we can't remember) annual day before mother's day shopping and lunch outing!
 
It started years ago because both our husbands worked the whole weekend of mother's day so we said screw it and lined up babysitters and had a day about us!
 
Her husband still works a lot but luckily Travis is home every weekend now!
She still paid a sitter and I saved money on the sitter part but spent it in other areas that won't be mentioned because my husband reads my blog;)
 Who doesn't order beer for lunch on a Saturday;)
It was delicious!!
Our all time favorite place to eat is Charlotte's in North Liberty but we were super bummed when we walked up and saw a sign that read..."Temporarily closed...sorry for the inconvenience!"  We peeked through windows and there was nothing in the place:(  I'm really hoping they are just moving and not closed for good!
We ate at Blue Bird Cafe and although it was good...it just wasn't what I planned on!
 
We celebrated our niece Makenna's 5th birthday Saturday night.
 The kids ran around all night and had so much fun!
 
Clearly Pierce is dreaming here......
...Uncle Jeremy is a bad influence!!
Don't worry that's a bicycle and not an actual dirt bike!
 
****************************************
We had a great day on Sunday for mother's day!
 
A friend sent me this and I thought it was hilarious!
 
Me and my boys:)
 
Pierce made this at preschool and I have to share!
 "She likes to...take naps (this morning she wanted to go back to bed but she had to do daycare)."
OMG....I about died when I saw this!  How embarrassing! 
I guess I should just be glad he said Sprite was my favorite drink and not Bud Light;)
 
I got some flowers from my mom for mothers day!
Now I just have to keep them alive;)
 
This is what my sister and I were running around doing Saturday morning!
{No...we didn't wait til last minute....we had something else in mind then my mom went on her own and got it herself...obviously not knowing!}
I think we did pretty good!!
{SPRATT....my maiden name}
 
 Kadence wanted her picture taken with me because we had the "same" dress on:)
 
So somebody challenged me on Facebook to name three reasons I'm thankful for my mom!
I didn't do this on Facebook but I've been thinking about it and decided I'll do it on my blog instead!
So here it goes....
 
1) I'm very thankful we were raised not to see color...but to see people!  We are all human and that's what matters! And along with this we were raised to know we are not any better then anybody else...PERIOD!
{I continue to teach my boys the exact same!}
 
2) My mom is very loyal!  Family comes first and she's a big family person!  I love that I got this from her!
 
3) Not only is she a great mom but she's a great person all around!  She has a heart of gold....great listening ears....and gives thee best advice! 
She's a great grandma to my boys and loves being around them!  
Anytime I need her...she's there!
She's always been on my side and supports me (and all her kids!) with everything she has! 
It's a wonderful feeling knowing your mom has your back in life!
 
Okay....enough of the mushy mushy stuff;)
I just want my mom to know how much I appreciate and love her!!!
Oh...and sometimes we like to dress alike;)
Just kidding...this was a total accident but it's one of my favorite pictures of us!
 
I hope you all had a great weekend and Mother's Day!!
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment