Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Great Supper...Lingering Smell

I got a recipe from a good friend and I happened to have all the ingredients (which never happens!) so I decided to make it!

SHREDDED SALSA CHICKEN:
4 frozen chicken breast
1 jar of salsa (I used our homemade salsa!)
1 packet of taco seasoning

Put chicken in crock-pot.  Pour taco seasoning over chicken.  Add salsa.  Cook on low 8 hours.
Pull chicken out and shred it.  Put it back in crock pot and mix with salsa juices.
Make into tacos, fajitas or whatever else sounds good (we did tacos).
AHHH-MAZING!


As good as this was....it also had a smell to it!
All the daycare families picking their kids up commented on how good it smelled.  I had been sitting in it all day so I couldn't smell it....
...until we went to Pierce's soccer game!  Sitting there cheering him on (or convincing him to go play!) I could smell it all over me! 
It wasn't a horrible smell but not something I care to smell like!

Coming home after the game the smell of the house was overwhelming!  I'm not a big fan of smells...no bacon will ever be cooked in my house and I cook roasts in the garage if I'm home!

Luckily it was 62 degrees this morning when I got up so I opened up all the windows!
I'm hoping that takes care of it!

This was a great (easy) meal and I will be cooking it again...just in the garage;)

****************

Happy Birthday to my nephew & Pierce's best friend Kahne!
They are only 3 weeks apart and are the bestest friends!
Hope you have a great day buddy:)



No comments:

Post a Comment