Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Canning!

We have lots and lots of produce growing:)  It's a lot to handle but Travis is doing a great job;)
[I just reap the benefits!]
We are doing pickles for the first time this year!  I'm anxious to see how they turn out!
 Travis grew a lot of hot peppers this year.  He has dehydrated a few batches and then crushes them up....get it...crushed red pepper;) 
 Too hot for this girl but Travis is pretty excited!
 On to the salsa.... Here are green peppers, jalapenos and every other hot pepper we had.
I'm rather sad about this because I love salsa but all these peppers made it too hot and I can't eat it!  Travis promises me we'll make a milder batch...we shall see!
 A lot of hard work goes into making this!  Here are my parents doing the tomatoes.
Don't worry...I set the camera down a few times to help!!
 Final product!  It looks really good....but HOT!!
 Last but not least the tomato juice!  It's a team effort around here;)
We ended up with numerous jars of pickles,
12 pints of salsa,
and 7 quarts of tomato juice.....
....just for that day!
I'm sure there's more to come!

I love having all this fresh produce!  I made a pasta salad last weekend and I only had to buy noodles!  Pretty exciting stuff:)

Happy Wednesday all!!  Cannot believe August is already here.
My poor baby (Cash) is getting tested for egg and peanut allergies today:(  Not going to be a fun appointment but hopefully we'll get some answers soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment