Friday, January 24, 2014

Finally Friday

Not much has happened this week....except I deserve an award for cook of the week;)
 
I'm not exactly sure how it all started but Sunday I decided I was going to try really hard and cook every night!
 
Sunday we did tacos...super easy and everyone loves them!
 
Monday I made a creamy chicken recipe in the crockpot with rolls, noodles AND cherry bars:)
{6 pounds chicken breast, 2 8oz cream cheese, 2 cans cream of chicken and dry packet of Italian seasoning.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Chicken will shred!)
The weather got bad and my SIL Melanie wasn't able to pick up her kids from daycare on time so Travis did.
The boys were so excited for Taylor and Brynnleigh to come over!
Travis got called out to a fire so it was me and the kids!
Supper was ready so I fed everyone.  Melanie enjoyed a plate when she came also!
They all ate really well and Melanie said Taylor is still talking about how good of a cook I am;)
{I said yea...I sure do know how to follow a recipe!}
 
Tuesday the boys absolutely loved supper...I call it my "cool-mom" meal!
Peanut butter (Cash's special PB), sliced bananas and chocolate chips on the quesadilla maker!
 YUM!
 
Wednesday was Travis birthday and I figured we would go out to eat but when I asked him what he wanted he said "anything you make will me good!"  Ah crap!
So I threw some Iowa chops in the crockpot (my new BFF this week!) and made more dinner rolls and also made his favorite food...scalloped potato's!  He enjoyed it!
 
Thursday I put my foot down and said we were getting Chinese:)  He didn't complain at all!
 
I only had one boy coming for daycare on Thursday and he doesn't come til 10:15 so the boys and I had a lazy morning!
Cash and I sat in the chair and snuggled for 2 hours....yep L-A-Z-Y!!
We also spent plenty of time on the Kindles:)
 
Thursday night I ran to the outlet mall in search of new tops and I hit the jackpot at Old Navy...
I got 7 new shirts for $54! 
Who doesn't love adding to their wardrobe?!
 
We are celebrating Travis' birthday tonight with great friends!
The boys are staying at my parents....I'm doing my happy dance because I get to sleep in tomorrow!  Sorry mom;)
 
I hope you all have a great Friday and even better weekend!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment