Monday, November 26, 2012

Long Weekend

We had a great long Thanksgiving weekend!

It started off Wednesday night with 21 spray tans here! 
Travis had a fire meeting so I called in for backup....
Best babysitter EVER!
During long weekends there are no rules here so the boys often fell asleep in our bed then were transferred to their own beds!


*************************

Thursday was a great day spent with the whole family and really good food!
Here's Grandma Spratt with her grand kids!
Thanksgiving table all ready to go!
I went out Thursday night with my SIL Melanie for my first ever Black Friday shopping!
It was fun but there are some crazies out there!
We hit Wal-Mart and Target (I got everything I wanted!) and could have been home by 10pm Thursday night but Melanie got a voucher for a TV at Best Buy she wanted. 
We stood in line what seemed like forever...
...we strolled back into town about 3am!
She was my wing-woman at Wal-Mart so I figured I owed her at Best Buy:)

***********************

I was exhausted the next morning but I walked out at 8am to the Christmas tree up (not decorated) and all the Rubbermaid's of Christmas decorations! 
Travis' plans and my plans did NOT match for the day!
He won and I was forced to decorate!
Luckily a friend opened her house Friday for drop-in daycare.  I snatched up two spots right away so the boys went to Julie's for the day!
I am rarely in my house alone without kids so it was nice and weird at the same time!
We got everything decorated and the whole house cleaned!
Felt pretty good!

***********************

Sunday we went to church then shopping in Iowa City. 
We had lunch at Red Lobster which was amazing!

We had our nieces 1st birthday party at 2pm Sunday so we skipped naps and this is what we had at 7pm....
This was 7:10pm.....
And this was 7:30pm....
This picture pretty much sums up our weekend!

I hope you all had a very blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends!

Happy Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment