Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Anniversary Getaway!

Travis and I took off Sunday afternoon for a night away in Des Moines.  We didn't have any plans Sunday...just go with the flow!  We checked into our hotel and then took off to eat.  We ended up eating at Joe's Crab Shack (request from Travis!).  I had crab stuffed shrimp but they focus more on huge pots of food.  Travis was in heaven! I went for him;)  The Cheesecake Factory was close so we grabbed a few pieces of cheesecake for dessert.
After dinner we drove back to the hotel, put our cheesecake in the fridge, then walked to a rooftop pub with live music!  I'm a sucker for any and all live music.  This guys was awesome...singing everything from Black Eyed Peas to Garth Brooks!  Just him and his guitar.
We walked back to the hotel and enjoyed our cheesecake:)  I got 10 (10!!) hours of sleep Sunday night!  It.Felt.Amazing!  We ate breakfast at the hotel then took off for our couples massage.  I was pretty excited and Travis was pretty hesitant!  Travis had a female masseuse and I had a male.  Justin (my masseuse) was pretty rough and I had to tell him a few times to simmer down....but it felt awesome!  Not going to lie...I was sore Tuesday morning!  Travis absolutely loved the massage and said he would definitely get another one!  He needs to learn massage etiquette because he kept talking to his masseuse and I just wanted to scream..."QUIET...I'm relaxing over here!"  I'm glad he enjoyed it though!
We ate at BangBang for lunch (a Mongolian grill)....by my request!  It was awesome!  Then we took ourselves and our full bellies back to Williamsburg!  The boys went to daycare for the day (YAY) so we golfed a round before picking them up!
Now we are back to reality.....
BUT...this is something we told ourselves we would do more often!  It's very much needed every once in a while!
Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment