Friday, June 22, 2012

Germs...

Last weekend we had a rough one...
We had a loss in the family (private family issue) and on top of spending a lot of time with family Pierce decided to share his strep throat:( 
It was Thursday evening and Travis had the boys at his brother and sisters house...along with all the cousins.  (I was at a spray tanning party). Pierce ran around acting fine.  After the Hietman get together the boys met me at my parents house because they had my sisters kids.  Pierce really wanted to stay over night there so we let him.  
I guess he was burning up all through the night...even having bad dreams about fire:(  We got a call at 6:30 Friday morning so I went and got him right away.  He ended up throwing up and was complaining of a sore throat....I knew right away it was strep.  The doctor confirmed the strep later that morning.  
He laid on the couch like this all day.  You know he's sick when he's like this! 
Well...come Saturday morning (the day of the funeral) Cash was burning up and I knew he had strep.  We couldn't get him in anywhere so Travis took him to Marengo ER just to get him on medicine ASAP.  My mom called me and said they were on their way to the doctor also....both my sisters kids tested positive for strep also;( 
We secluded ourselves with all the family time and luckily none of the Heitman's got sick!  None of the daycare kids got sick either! 
It's weird how the same sickness can effect kids differently.  This knocked Pierce on his butt the whole day and you would have never known Cash was sick if it weren't for the positive strep test!  He ran around like a wild man like nothing was wrong! 
Hopefully that's all we get hit with for now!  I'm SO over the germs!
TGIF


No comments:

Post a Comment