Friday, May 27, 2016

Summer Advice

I'll be the first to admit I am NOT super mom and each day has it's own struggles!
While I'm in the mood of admitting things... I'll also admit I've never been the mom super excited for summer break!
 
Today marks the first day of summer vacation...
 
Does anyone else feel like every thing is a battle and fight?!
From what outfit to wear, to what's for breakfast, to "he's looking at me wrong!", to "I had that truck first!!", there's also "that snack is so disgusting I'm NOT eating!" (and in my head I'm Ross Geller saying "FINE BY ME!!")....and so on and so on!!
 
So in the summer this is my whole day from 6am to 8pm...you bet your ascot they will still go to bed at 8pm all summer....mama needs that break!!
 
We have our moments of greatness and I need to remember those more then the not-so-great moments...
...I'm working on it!
 
Things would be different if we were able to get in the vehicle and go places... like the library, the pool, the park...ANYWHERE! 
But when you also run a daycare you're stuck at home...and so are your kids!
 
I'm excited for this summer because I'm taking 5 weeks "off" after having the baby!
The boys and I will be able to load up in the vehicle and go places!
I say "off" because although I won't have daycare for 5 weeks...I'll still have my 2 boys...BUT... we'll be mobile...and that will be amazing!!
 
 
I will say this has been the one year I am more excited for summer then I ever have been in the past only for the fact of no school work!
Pierce is only in first grade but he has to work really hard for his grades and it was a nightly routine for the last 9 months!
I think we're all ready for a break!
And I may or may not have started my "break" in April after spring testing was done...sorry Mrs. Belland!
{We'll still read numerous books a day...but I can handle that!}
 
******************************
 
This year I decided to write the boys a little something to keep in mind!
It's more of a guide to live by this summer!!
 
S - Sleep!  For God's sake sleep in!!!
U - Under no circumstance is it okay to leave pee or poop in the toilet!  FLUSH!!
M - Make your presence known... help out and clean up after yourselves! I am NOT a one woman show!
M - Mama... If mama is happy, everyone is happy!! Pretty simple, really!!
E - Everyone is responsible for their own actions!  Think twice...and know I have eyes everywhere!
R -  Remember to get along with everyone...EVERYONE!!
 
 
B - Be respectful! If mom says no, I MEAN IT!!  Please do not ask 100 times thinking I'll give in! That will not happen!
R - Reading books will continue throughout the summer...no matter how many fits you throw...it's happening...just do it!
E - Even 5 and 7 year olds need rest!  Chill out once in a while!!
A - Always have FUN in whatever you're doing!!!
K - Kind words are the only words I want to hear!!
 
 
And if all else fails...call grandma!!
Speed dial #1!
 
 
And lucky for me...
...summer means warm weather...
...warm weather means ice cold drinks are on the menu...
...ice cold drinks here = Bud Light!!!!
CHEERS TO SUMMER FRIENDS!
 
 
******************************
 


No comments:

Post a Comment