Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Mother's Day weekend was a great one!
 
Friday night we were invited out to a fellow fireman's land for fishing and a fire!
It was beautiful out there!
 
 
I was really looking forward to Saturday!
My mom, sister Kellie and SIL Amy and I got away for the day without husbands or kids!
 
We went to Cedar Rapids and checked out the Newbo market and some great food!
The weather was beautiful so we did a lot of patio sitting!
{They drank....I watched!}
Can you guess which beverages are mine?!
It was a great day and a much needed mommy break that I desperately needed!
It was just what the doctor ordered:)
 
Sunday I slept in a little until the boys came in SO excited to give me my presents! 
Pierce made a coupon book at school full of spa services he can do for me!
I spent zero time cashing in the foot rub coupon!
A foot run in bed...how does it get any better?!
 
We got up and got moving and decided St. Mattress was our church for the week...
...in other words we didn't go to church and slept in!
 
We took off for Red Lobster at 10:30 to beat the rush!
We got there at 10:50 and it was full!
Luckily we got a table and were in and out within an hour!
Crab linguini Alfredo is my all time favorite!!!
 
We came back home to change quick and then head to my grandma Spratt's farm to fish.
During our 10 minutes home Travis got called out to a fire so we waited over an hour for him.
I was not a happy camper but what can you do?!
 
So while we waited I took the one and only picture I'm in on Mother's Day...
...a selfie of my new hat...
 
He finally got home and we rushed out to the farm!
It was prefect fishing for the kids because every time they cast their pole out they caught a fish!
Farm life...
 
We left the farm and headed home to change and grab all our goodies for a Heitman family supper.
We were home for 10 minutes and getting ready to get in the vehicle when a HyVee van pulled in!
 
A handsome young man all dressed up walked towards me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a platter of cookies!
 
I was SO excited and touched that my husband actually thought of me....
...and my mouth was watering just looking at the cookies!!
 
The handsome gentlemen was also grinning ear to ear (I think he could tell I was excited!) and said..."I have a delivery for Ashely!  Are you Ashley?!"
 
All my hopes and dreams were crushed!
 
I sadly said "No, I'm not. I think you have the wrong address."
 
He apologized and said he did have the wrong address... then proceeded to tell me I should have just said yes, that I was Ashley!
It crossed my mind, buddy...it.crossed.my.mind!
 
All Travis could do was smile!
Awesome!
 
I collected my hormones and emotions and we headed out to my in-laws for supper.
 
My father-in-law bought a new go-cart so that was the excitement of the evening!
The kids had a list of who had already driven and who was next to come!
 
Crazy mom here didn't want her babies even on the go-cart but Travis stepped up and went along for a ride!
I later found out both boys had a few rides without me knowing!
I'm trying to loosen the strings...but it's hard!
Especially on a motorized vehicle!!!
I did what I do best and annoyed all the grandkids with a group picture!
I think it turned out pretty well!
 
 
"Motherhood: If you're not on the verge of losing your shit, you are probably doing it wrong!"
Love these boys to death...but it seems as though every day is a contest between the two to see who can make me lose my shit first!
Wouldn't trade them for the world though!
 
 
I'm not sure where I would be in life without this woman!
My mom is my rock, my best friend and my life!
We talk daily and see eachother at least 5 times a week!
She gives the best advice and is a great listener!
She often asks if I have a shut off button because she's my sounding board!
Thanks mom for all you do for me and my family!
We'd seriously be lost without you!
Love you!!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!!
I'm a very fortunate mommy!!!
 
 
BABY UPDATE:
I am 33 weeks today!!
Since both boys were around 9 pounds at 38 weeks my doctor is doing an ultra sound around 38 weeks to check the size of the baby!
If this child is large and in charge like the boys were they are going to induce between 38 and 39 weeks!!
I'm measuring a week ahead so it's looking pretty promising!! 
{I went on my own at 38 weeks with both boys so of course I'm thinking that's going to happen this time too!}
To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment