Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Boys New Bedroom

 In just three weeks the boys new room is done!
I'm so glad my husband finally understood my sense of urgency and my dad got him there!

Here's the best "before" picture I got!
{Picture taken 4/15/16}
On this side of our basement it was big recreation room.
We had a ton of toys (now they all have new homes!) and a second living room area.
On the opposite side of the basement (not pictured) is a bedroom (spray tan room), full bathroom, a bar and storage room.

******************************

Things got started quickly!!

{Picture taken 4/18/16}
We had a framed room within days!


******************************
Drywall...
{Picture taken 4/23/16}


******************************
 Painting day!!!
Pierce was so excited to help he had 493 questions before they even got started!
{Picture taken 4/30/16}
He lasted 15 minutes and I'm not even sure if he painted anything...
...you know because I was gone....
...I can't be around those paint fumes while pregnant (**wink**wink**)!!

Coming together!
{Picture taken 4/30/16}
 The boys wanted an Iowa Hawkeye room (black and gold) but I decided against it!
We went with classic grey!
Now just waiting on carpet...
{Picture taken 5/4/16}

******************************

Yay for carpet!!
{Picture taken 5/6/16}
Now all we need is the boys furniture and move-in date!!!

Our new living room area...toy free!

******************************

 It took a little longer to get their room filled with furniture because when we Travis went to pull the twin box springs and frames out of the storage room we couldn't find one set.
It dawned on both of us at the same time we let our niece, Brynnleigh, borrow it.
We felt bad but we had to ask for it back.
The boys are so excited about their new room!
They haven't officially slept in it yet...but we'll get there;)
{Picture taken 5/10/16}

It's clean for now...
...but I give it 2 days of the boys actually in there and it will be trashed!

******************************

It turned out great and the boys and I are beyond blessed to have such a handy dad/husband and very handy grandpa/dad!
They worked long hours here and there whenever they could...along with working their full time jobs!  And it only took them three weeks!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the hard working men in our lives...Travis and Ed!

******************************

I didn't get away without helping...
....I was there to keep the boys out of the way and I also cooked them lunch a few times...
...go me!!
BAHAHAHAHAHA


1 comment:

  1. You did an excellent job with your basement. I love how you were able to build the walls to separate the bedroom and living room. You could always let the boys decorate with black and gold accessories. You are so lucky to have a husband and father who can tackle a remodeling project. Oh, and I know what you mean about kids trashing the room within two days.

    ReplyDelete