Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Loooooong Day....

Tuesday started out like any other day....
Boys up early, find some breakfast, daycare kids start rolling in, play play play, eat some snacks and lunch and then naptime!! Totally normal day!

Cash only napped for an hour and he kept coughing.
I let him get up and we snuggled for a bit...

...hang on, I forgot one important (AWESOME) part of nap.  My dad texted at 1:30 and said he was off for the afternoon and asked if I wanted to "get rid" of Pierce...  Ummmmmm YES!
He came and got him and I didn't see him again until 5pm!

Okay.... so anyway, back to Cash!
He woke up crabby and things went downhill fast.
You know Cash is sick when he lays down while everyone else is playing!


 He continued to be clingy and a hot mess!
I had a spray tan party in Sigourney so I gave my kisses and rushed out the door.
I did my thing and spray tanned 15 ladies then got home about 9pm.

I was in my bedroom getting in my comfy clothes when I heard Cash breathing through the wall.
I quickly went in there and brought him out to the living room.
His cheeks were as red as a tomato so I lifted his shirt to take his temp.
Temp was good (99.2) but I noticed he was really struggling to breath.

We called Mercy on-call and they paged our pediatrician who just so happened to be on-call.
She said to do three back to back breathing treatments and if things didn't improve we better get to the emergency room.

Things didn't improve so Cash and I took off at 11pm for the emergency room.
 He wasn't very happy because they were doing lots of poking and checking:(
He was much better in mamas arms!
They wondered if it was pneumonia but oxygen levels were good and lungs didn't sound too bad.
Then they wondered if it was an asthma attack.
My diagnosis: A cold that went straight to his lungs and affected his breathing!

They sent us home at 1am with prednizone and a breathing treatment every 3 hours.
He was all jacked up on albuterol from the treatments so he didn't go to sleep until 3:30am!

The show must go on so my alarm went off at 6:30am (sick days would be really nice!) and Cash was up at 7am.
All the kiddos are here in full force!
He is wild as ever and feeling good!  I haven't quite mastered the art of doing a breathing treatment by myself (little shit is fast!) so it should be an interesting day!

Looking back he probably would have been fine if we just kept him at home but when it comes to breathing you can never be too safe!  I'd rather be safe then sorry!  Cash's health is totally worth being up from 6:30am(Tuesday) to 3:30am(Wednesday)!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment