Monday, March 4, 2013

WILDwood Weekend

Friday night was a really fun night.
Girls stopped in for a $10 spray tan and they stayed for chit chat and beverages!
The kids had fun too:)
I love random nights like this!

****************************************

Saturday morning we had Romp'n Raiders and Pierce was excited because his friend, Demi got to ride with us!
We checked out the new Chinese restaurant in town for lunch then it was everyone down for naps!
I wish I was part of the napping group but I got sucked into a movie...Love, & Other Drugs.  It was a really good movie and I couldn't stop watching it!

Saturday night we had my Uncle Pat's 50 birthday party at Wildwood.
There was live country music, cowboys and good food:)
Not to mention a lot of family!!


 Note to self...don't wear the same outfit as your beautiful, skinny sister-in-law!
It was a good time had by all!
And thanks to Ambular for being pregnant and driving us;)

****************************************

Sunday morning we were moving a little slow!
We attended St. Mattress that morning;)

It was a lazy day with fast food for lunch and major naps in the afternoon!
I got sucked into another good movie (Water For Elephants) but I still managed to take a short nap!

I've been reading all these delicious recipes on Pinterest so I decided to try one.
I, of course, had to run to the store for ALL the ingredients;)

I made Creamy White Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna
 It was awesome!  Everyone gobbled it up but Pierce!  It took him 15 minutes to try a bite....and then he only ate 4 bites!  Oh well...you can't win 'em all!

Here's the recipe
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN & ARTICHOKE LASAGNA
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (I used 2 can of chicken in a can)
1 can (14oz) artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1 pkg (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese with a touch of Philadelphia, divided (I just used mozzarella)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (I didn't add this)
2 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil, chopped, divided
12 lasagna noodles, cooked

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine chicken, artichokes, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and tomatoes.  Beat cream cheese, milk and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 Tbsp basil.  Mix half cream cheese mixture with the chicken mixture.
Spread half of the remaining cream cheese mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture.  Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture twice.  Top with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and mozzarella; cover.
Bake 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
ENJOY!

****************************************

It's looking like it will be another busy week!
Either Travis or myself has a meeting every night this week.
Some of them overlap so we'll be asking grandparents and babysitters to help out.

Hope you all have a great Monday and go out and make it a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment