Friday, February 27, 2015

Punta Cana 2015 (Take #2)

We had the best 2nd honeymoon ever!!
The weather was beautiful and the group we traveled with was the best!
 
Join me on this picture overload of our vacation:)
 
****************************************
 
Our flight left at 6am so we were up at 3:30am to make it on time!
We were so excited you can't tell we are sleep deprived;)
 
Our resort was The Grand Bahia Principe
We got there before the sun was setting so we had to check out the beach!
 Pool time!!  We spent a majority of our time at this pool....
It was right outside our room and it had a swim up bar that we frequented often;)
Love me some pool time!
{Hat from Target and I got the cover up off the clearance rack at Old Navy!}
 
Swim up bar...our friend Felix was quite the bartender;)

***************************************

Although the pool was amazing...the beach was gorgeous!
 This is also known as heaven:)
 
Fun group of gals....Amber, Melanie and Stacy
We decided to bury Austin in the sand!
{ I couldn't post all the pictures because some of the girls have dirty minds and gave him some very generous body parts;) }
 
Lots of pictures of Travis and me!
 We had reservations at a seafood place on Friday.
It worked out great because half our group is Catholic and we can't eat meat on Fridays during lent!
The lobster was amazing!!

 
**************************************************
 
For Christmas one of my daycare families gave me money to do something fun on our trip!
I've always wanted to zip line so we put the money towards that!
 
I didn't realize what I was getting myself into!
It was 12 lines we had to go down!
I was very scared and shook the whole time!
 Before we started...still smiling!
The guy who helped me into my gear starred me straight in the eye and asked "are you ready to die?"  Ummmm....come again?!?!  NO!!! I'm not ready to die!
Turns out he was joking but it was still not the right thing to say!

Here's Austin and Melanie zip lining!
 Here's Stacy and Mark getting hooked up and ready to follow Austin and  Melanie.
Mark is afraid of heights and he did awesome!
{I am not afraid of heights and I was terrified!}
I've decided I'm glad we zip lined but I also decided it was a once in a lifetime deal!
 
****************************************
 
Hanging out at the pool again!
These girls kept me laughing the whole trip!
 
Our resort was HUGE...I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!
We had many options for food and things to do but we had to ride a shuttle to get anywhere...even the beach:(  I'm the girl that wants a beach view from her room!  Just saying;)
 
We made many trips to the beach and had fun doing it!
But we always seemed to find our pool;)



This was the only beer they served...luckily it was good!
Maybe a little salty...but good!
 
Our evenings consisted of showering for the day, getting dressed up, drinking some drinks and finding some food!
Our lobby was huge and amazing and we often sat around drinking and playing cards!

 
I'm bummed this is blurry because I love this picture!  Ok...I love my outfit;) 
The blue jumpsuit was also on the clearance rack at Old Navy!
Also...we look pretty tan (or red!)
 
****************************************
We also did a catamaran excursion.
We snorkeled, swam with sharks, and held a sting ray!
 
We were unsure about the shark thing but we figured it was an option!
As we are snorkeling Travis looks at me and points down and says "there's a shark right below you!"  Ummmmm...YES THERE WAS!!  I would say 5 feet from my feet!
There were four sharks total and we saw all of them!
 
We were all safe in the end so I guess it's all good;)
Now we can tell people we swam with sharks...the boys thought it was cool!
 
Austin, Ryan and Travis...with a few photo bombers!
 SIL Melanie!

 The water was so gorgeous!  I couldn't get enough!

 Lovers;)
 
Here's Travis holding the sting ray and me pretending to touch it;)
The sharks were in the same water below us!!
 
****************************************
Our resort had evening shows every night!
This night we saw the Michael Jackson show and it was super good!
 
Our last morning there Travis and I got up at 5:30am and went to the beach to watch the sunrise.
It was beautiful!

****************************************
We were all sad to be leaving:(
It didn't help our flight from Atlanta to Cedar Rapids was 3 hours delayed!
We put our carryon luggage together and started playing cards!
It helped pass the time...a little!
 
Never a dull moment with this one....
{Sorry Stacy...I hade to!}
 
We finally made it home...and we were welcomed with snow and -10 degree temps!
We love you too Iowa!
What a great week!
This is something I would love to do yearly...but not sure that's going to happen!
One can dream though;)
 
****************************************
 
I want to thank our parents for watching the boys while we were gone!
The boys had a great time and we knew they were in great hands!
We are truly blessed with family that doesn't hesitate to help us out and watch our kids!
We are forever grateful to you:)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
 
 
 
 


2 comments: