Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter was really early this year (March 27th) but my side of the family starts even earlier because we never celebrate Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas on their actual holidays (my brother and sister travel to their in-laws on the actual holidays.)  So we celebrated Easter on March 20th!
 
On Saturday we were invited to Haley's house for an Easter egg hunt!
When the hunt was wrapping up it started snowing!!
The flakes were huge!!
 
Oh Grandpa Ed!!
Cash had no idea until I showed him the picture:)
 
Sunday we all went to Palm Sunday service as a family...and the kids in their matching outfits!
 
I was waiting for my family to join me in a picture and my sister took this!
YIKES!!  Hello baby!!
{26 weeks...in this picture...now I'm 27 weeks!!}

There's my family:)

Too cute!

All the kids with Great Grandma Spratt!
 
And let the egg hunt begin!
It was a great weekend spent with family!!
 
****************************************
 
On Friday we dyed eggs!
 
And Saturday night the Easter Bunny found us!!!
Funny story...Pierce lost a tooth on Saturday so the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy were visiting us that night...no pressure for mom at all!
When I tucked Pierce into bed Saturday night he asked if the bunny and fairy were going to meet up in the kitchen and have a beer!!
Travis told him at least one of them would be having a drink!
Only in my house would this conversation happen!!
 
Due to other plans this was the first year in 7 years the boys didn't visit the Easter Bunny.
For some reason I'm having a hard time with this:(
 
 
On Easter Sunday we went to church...and got there early because church is always full on Christmas and Easter!
(We call it the C & E crowd!)
 
 After church my mom invited us out for breakfast...ummmm...yes please!!
Of course we had to get a family photo again!
 After breakfast we came home for naps (okay, so maybe I was the only one who napped!) then geared up for the Heitman Easter!
It was cold...but the kids had fun hunting their eggs!

Checking out all their goodies!
 
My MIL made a delicious lasagna then we hung out playing games and chatting!
This was a friendly game of UNO!
 
We brought home a few extra kids for a sleepover since there was no school Monday!
As you all know my kids are early risers and I'm not sure their cousins were thrilled they woke them up at 6:30am!!
We all survived!!
 
It was a great Easter holiday spent with lots of family and really good food!
That's all I need:)
 
Happy Easter to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment