Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

We had a great Christmas this year!
I LOVE this time of year!!
I love being with family, eating all the yummy food and giving to others!
 
****************************************
 
On December 23rd we continued our annual tradition of going to my parents and staying overnight!
 
This year Travis decided he'd rather stay in his own bed at home (fun hater!) and Jake and Amy took their kids home because they are younger and they didn't want to mess with bedtime!
Totally understandable!
So really it was just my sister and her family and the boys and me at my parents!
Oh well...we enjoyed ourselves!!
 
EVE OF CHRISTMAS EVE

We all love playing cards in this family! 
The boys got in countless games of UNO!
The adults played double deck bid euchre til the wee hours of the night but there's no pictures to prove it because I was preoccupied keeping everyone on track!
The Christmas spirit was flowing and they all kept forgetting what suit we were in and who had the bid!! 
I finally made the executive decision (as the only sober one!) to call the game and send everyone to bed!
"What suit are we in?!" continued to be the running joke the next few days!


I can't even with this little guy, Leo!
 
Matching jammies from Grandma Van!

Delaney with Grandma and Grandpa
{Delaney had a rough night sleep that night so they took her to the doctor on Christmas Eve and she tested positive for strep!  If I'm going to deal with my kids getting sick I'd much rather deal with strep throat then the pukes!  So we didn't let her sickness keep anyone away!  And you would have never known she was sick!}
 
CHRISTMAS EVE

Presents, presents and more presents!
{Enter (fun) chaos here!}

Again with Leo!
I can't get enough of his cheeks!!
 
On Christmas Eve night we went to Holbrook for mass and to watch my Grandma Vera sing Oh Holy Night!
 
 After mass we go to my grandma's for supper and cameras are always out!
Here's the little boy cousins ham'n it up!
 
****************************************
CHRISTMAS MORNING
 
He came, Santa really came!!!
 
This year he brought the family a Wii and a few games!!
And the best part....the damn Elf went back to the North Pole with Santa!!!
{Enter mama's happy dance here!!}
 
Pierce didn't get many toys this year but he was in love with his new gear!
I'll buy him all the gear he wants...as long as it's not a gun;)
(I know it's inevitable but I'm stalling...and I'm the mom so I can!!)

Cash was also happy on Christmas morning with his new puppets and "theater"!
We've already seen many, many shows!
 
And the aftermath....

I think Travis had more fun playing the Wii...
...the boys were begging for their time!!
 
CHRISTMAS DAY
 
After we are done at home we head to Travis' parents for an all day celebration!
 

Group selfie with Rayce and Brynnleigh!

Hot apple cider...."Jesus is the reason for the season!"

With all the presents Pierce got this was one of his favorites!
Aunt LynDee knows him well!
He hasn't taken it off since Christmas and I've already washed it two times in 3 days!
I think he also enjoyed matching his cousins Rayce and Carter!
 
****************************************
 
In the days following Christmas we've had a lot of fun on the Wii!
Cash loves the bowling game and actually bowled a 225 his 3rd time playing!
Pierce and Travis like the golf!
I'm sure we'll get into the other games soon enough!
 
****************************************

I hope you all enjoyed your time spent with family, friends and the ones you love!
We absolutely did and it's hard to believe we are going to have a six month old next Christmas...EEEK!!
 
Happy New Year Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment