Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fall In Iowa

Fall in Iowa can only mean one thing.... FOOTBALL!!

We've been busy with Friday night high school football, flag football, Iowa Hawkeye football, youth 5th & 6th grade football and our beloved Packer football!

We love fall and we love being busy with all these activities!

We took the boys tailgating on a beautiful Saturday!
It gets us out of the house and around people!
The back of the minivan kept the kids busy;)

We also like to ditch the kids and go out with just the adults to cheer on the Hawkeyes!
{By ditching the kids I mean taking them to Gma and Gpa Heitman's for a sleepover!}
Always a good time with this one!

And most games we spend with family at my mom and dad's house!

On home Raider games we have people over... some head up to the game... some stay and have a few drinks!
Here's Amy lugging around my chunk of a baby... watch your back!

Pierce has a flag football game every Saturday morning.
Cash has flag football camp every Saturday morning.
Here's Pierce and Rayce... same shirts... different teams!

My parents got a basketball hoop and it's been a hit for everyone... even the grown boys!


Over Labor Day weekend we took the boys to a Kernels game.
The weather was beautiful and the boys had a lot of fun!
Cash actually got 2 foul balls... he was nice and shared one with Pierce... who was wondering around not paying attention like Cash!  Pierce is lucky he has a nice brother!

Jeep rides at Grandma's!

Golf cart rides at the Spratt Ranch

My parents adopted a golden retriever, Molly!
She's actually from my in-laws.
Molly and their German shepherd did not get along so they needed to find her a new home!
They were beyond thrilled when my parents offered to take her!

Last Friday I got out of the house and went to The Barn in Wellman with my friend Haley.
There were so many things I wanted to bring home.. but I held myself back to a couple items!

What do you do when your 8 year old wild child says he's bored?!
Put him to work!
{And yes, that's Cash in the recliner... picking his nose!}

This sweet, sweet boy LOVES his mama!
It's hard to put him down but we are working on it!

So peaceful...

Kroy is getting more and more active... he loves his exersaucer!

We had a big change... Kroy is now sleeping in his room.
It's so nice to get our bedroom back and he's doing amazing... sleeping 9pm to 7am!

Here is Kroy with his newest (distant) cousin Slate!
Kroy is 12 weeks older:)

Pierce made the Press-Citizen!
He was trying on fire gear... surprise surprise!


Life has been so crazy lately... that's the reason for the delay in a new post... it took me 4 days just to finish this post!!
I feel like we are go go go until 8:30pm (at the earliest) every night with the older boys and then I'm dealing with bath, bottle and bed for the baby.

It's football, tumbling, church, and don't even get me started on 2nd grade homework... it's probably not a big deal to those students who sit and actually do it (and get it!) but when your son throws a fit every.single.night because he has to do homework it gets to be too much!  I'm seriously already dreading the homework as he gets older... Someone please tell me I'm not alone!

We spend so much time focusing on Pierce and where he's at with school and homework that Cash often gets put on the back burner.  It's not like we mean to or want to, it just happens. And it makes me sad!  We need a change... and soon!


I've said it before and I'll say it again... life is not all peaches and cream here!

I struggle as a mom and wife every single day...

BUT... you push through to do whatever you have to for your kids....
... and thank God I have a supportive husband who does just as much school work with them as me!
{Single parents have my upmost respect I could NOT do this alone!}
I also thank God I have a great group of friends who know exactly what I'm going through... I don't go a week without seeing them... it's my therapy:)

On that note... go out and make it a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment