Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Can't Believe I Did That.....

When our kids were babies we signed them up for research groups at the University of Iowa.
Turns out we were never able to go because we work during the day so the boys never went!

I swear they have called me every week since Pierce was born.
I've told them before it hasn't worked in the past and probably won't work now.
{Nicely trying to say LEAVE ME ALONE!}

Fast forward to Monday this week....
I have 8 kids here NAPPING and the phone rings...
...caller ID says University of Iowa.
I immediately think it's the research group again.

I answer...no one is there.
They called right back...remember I have 8 kids sleeping and the LOUD phone is ringing through the house.
{Anyone who has a daycare or babies knows how annoying phone calls are during naptime!}
I answer....no one is there...again!

About 30 minutes later they called back again!
This is how that conversation went...

Me: "Helllllooooooo!!"
Women: "Ummm..yea, can I speak to a Kim Spratt Heitman..."
Me: "Yes, this is Kim (very annoyed and rude) can you PLEASE take me off your list. You guys have called me 3 times today and I have daycare kids napping.  I'm tired of all the phone calls so can you please, please, please just take me off your research list?!!"
Women: Long pause....."Well I actually live in Williamsburg, work at the University and I'm looking for daycare!"
Me: {jaw on the floor, finding a rock to climb under!} "OMG...I am so sorry!"

I briefly described what has been going on with all the calls and explain how sorry I am again!
She was very cool about things and still proceeded to ask me about my daycare...
...YAY me...I didn't scare her away!

Unfortunately (for her) my daycare is full so I can't take them.

I have no idea who this women was (I was under my rock!) so if she or any of her friends are reading this just know I am NOT a rude b*tch...I promise!!!

Lesson learned....be nice to everyone who calls...you never know what they want;)

****************************************

Over my weekend away a few of the girls said they are obsessed with Scandal...

I love me a good series but I hate jumping into anything in the middle of it.
My sister proceeded to tell me I can watch all previous seasons/episodes on Netflix.

I have Netflix so I decided to try it Sunday...
...I watched 2 episodes Sunday, 4 episodes on Monday, and 3 episodes Tuesday!

I'm trying to get the first two seasons watched before season three starts on Thursday!

It's safe to say I'm obsessed too!

**Disclaimer**
I will admit I gave my sister a lot of grief because she was finding all this extra time watching Scandal.
Who has extra time...especially busy working wives and moms?!
Well....I have been up way too late the last few nights!
Once you start and end an episode you have to watch the next one!
So, I'm sorry Kellie for ever doubting your skills at finding extra time....because I've found it;) 
I had to watch it on the Kindle with head phones because Travis beat me to the TV...he was watching The Mentalist!
****************************************

It's been a busy week this week and it's only going to continue!

Monday we were all home so we made a trip to Costco and Walmart.

Tuesday I had a spray tan party and Travis had football practice.

Tonight I have another spray tan party, Travis has a fire meeting and I have volleyball.

Thursday my mom FINALLY gets home from California so I've cleared the whole night (aside from a few spray tans) so visit with her!
{She left last Thursday to visit a friend in CA.  My mom is one of my best friends and we talk everyday...sometimes a few times a day.  We only live a few minutes apart so it's easy for us to run over there quick and hang out.  I am so happy she's having a great time in CA but I will admit I hate when she's gone!  Lets just say Pierce, Cash and I are so excited for Thursday!!)

Our only plans this weekend include more birthday parties!
Travis' little brother turns 30 so we'll be celebrating Saturday night!
My dad's birthday is Saturday so we'll celebrate sometime...he's working a lot and may not get a day off this week so we'll just have to see!

Anyway...that's enough for now!
Sorry, this got a little longer then I wanted!
I'm more of a picture girl so if you got bored...sorry;)

****************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment