Thursday, February 18, 2016

Valentine CatchUp

We had a great Valentines Day!
 
The boys actually posed for this picture for me...
...and I LOVE IT!!!
 
Speaking of love....
 
 The Valentine fairy found my boys!
 
Travis got his beef sticks he wanted!
I got the cupcakes I wanted...12 of them to be exact!
But there's no picture of proof because they are now gone!
{Don't worry...I shared!}
 
We celebrated Valentines Day by attending Cash's preschool prom!
 He sat on Travis' lap all night and didn't dance!
The only time he got up was when they were calling names for raffle and door prizes!
He was very lucky and won an annual pass to the Children's Museum AND a family pool membership for our local pool!
There's a reason his name is Cash;)
 
Cormac and Cash have been buds since birth!
And Cash has always been huge compared to him!

Cash may not have danced but his older brother did!
Here's the 1st grade older brothers busting a move (or popping bubbles, whatever!).
 
After the dance we joined the Ackerman family at Pizza Haus for some much needed grub!
Then it was home for comfy clothes!
 
On Valentines Day we celebrated Travis' grandma Alice's 80th birthday.
She had a very nice open house!
 
****************************************
 
Our Monday started out a little rocky but we have since recovered!

A daycare dad dropped his son off and said he smelled natural gas outside.
I called and texted my husband with no response (in his defense he was busy!) so then I called Alliant Energy.
Fast forward a half hour and we had the city police, firemen and 2 Alliant trucks at our house!
It was our meter and they had to shut our gas off for a few minutes to fix the problem!
They were in and out rather quickly and all is good now!
I am just thankful nothing worse happened!!

We've been taking it easy since then!
Travis worked late Monday night so the boys enjoyed Lincoln Logs and I enjoyed the Grammy's!
 
Cash is really learning a lot at his gymnastics class and loves everything!
 
 
Our family is into UNO lately and this kid is no exception!
I stepped away for a quick minute and he dealt the cards...
He has no idea how he ended up with 4 wilds!!
 
 
 
Mom Venting Corner:
 
It's been one of those weeks...
 
Does anyone else feel overwhelmed in the evenings?!
I feel I'm jumping huge hurdles just to have my kids are fed, bathed, homework done, backpack ready for the next day... and all the little stuff that doesn't seem like a huge deal.
And none of this includes adult stuff like meetings, errands, volleyball, Ass Chief duties, church, carpool...
 
I feel like I'm surviving...but not winning...
 
I've been going to bed with the worst mommy guilt lately!
{I should have handled that differently! Why did I raise my voice? Am I being the best mom I can be? Am I ruining them? What will they think when they look back on their childhood? Ugh...and so on and so on! Some nights I'm in tears over this stuff!}
 
I get my hormones are way out of whack AND I'm emotional...but please tell me I'm not alone!
 
I'm not a fan of putting myself out there like this!
I read a lot of blogs and some of my favorites are real women with real "issues".  I feel like I connect with them more!  Hopefully some of you know where I'm coming from and can connect with me on that level!
 
Things are not always peaches and cream around here and real life can suck sometimes...
...BUT we are all healthy and that's something to be grateful for!
 
You see what happened there?!  I'm feeling guilty about venting about mundane things and in my head I hear, "Kim...your family is healthy!  You have a roof over your head and food on your table!"  I feel terrible because a lot of you are dealing with real "issues" and are probably thinking "Shut the hell up!!!"
 
I debated deleting this "Mom Venting Corner" but today I'm deciding to leave it up!
I'm a real mom who sometimes needs to vent.
 
Thanks for not judging me;)


No comments:

Post a Comment